The opinion is harsh and a must read. I only want to note one heartwarming detail:
In the complaint that initiated this litigation, plaintiff-appellant Guava LLC is described as “a limited liability company that owns and operates protected computer systems . . . accessible throughout Minnesota.” It is unclear, however, whether Guava even exists. Despite repeated inquiries by the district court, the record includes no evidence regarding Guava’s incorporation, the identity of its principals, or the nature of its business operations.
So, after two years, during which we have been constantly questioning the existence of multiple Prenda’s empty shells (Guava, Arte de Oaxaca, LW Holdings etc.), finally courts started to realize that they were impudently defrauded.
Still waiting for the criminal law hammer to drop on the Prenda collective head. It’s a matter of when, not if though.
Hansmeier is continuing to dig his hole deeper: more questionable lawsuits
In the meantime, Hansmeier continues to extort small businesses using ADA lawsuits: two new cases have been filed
- Eric Wong v. CLAIRVIEW HOLDINGS LLC, dlbla GROVELAND TAP; and MACGROVE PROPERTIES LLC, targeting a restaurant;
- Eric Wong v. AUSTRAL ENTERPRISES, INC. dlbla DUNN BROS COFFEE, targeting a coffee shop.
[8/8/2014 update — thanks to a commenter for a tip]
There are also less transparent state cases (search for “HANSMEIER PAUL”).
- 27-CV-14-2417: Eric Wong vs Chatterbox Enterprises Inc, Tyrone Sharpe;
- 27-CV-14-11721: Eric Wong vs Sawatdee Inc, Cynthia D Harrison, Jennifer T Harrison-Reilly, Supenn Harrison d/b/a Tippaya Partnership;
- 27-CV-14-12087: Eric Wong vs Gargar Clinic & Urgent Care LLC, Argo Enterprises LLC;
- 27-CV-14-13308: Eric Wong vs St. Paulette’s Inc (Small Bakery).
Some people simply cannot earn money honestly. All recent Hansmeier’s parasitic endeavors (copyright trolling, class action objections, ADA lawsuits) were all based on the only skill Paul has mastered: using his law education to rob hardworking citizens — those who actually contribute to the society.
- XBiz: Prenda Law Loses Another Appeal; $63K Judgment Upheld by Rhett Pardon
- Techdirt: Prenda Loses Again: Minnesota Appeals Court Upholds Sanctions by Mike Masnick