Attorneys who defend troll victims
- Eric Menhart (Washington DC)
- Jeffrey Antonelli (Chicago IL)
- Steven Lewicky (Columbia MD)
- Under penalty of perjury: Copyright troll Malibu Media gets caught serving up falsified attorney’s fees declarations (1/14/2018)
- Copyright troll Mike Meier sends a frivolous DMCA takedown notice to my registrar (8/25/2014)
- Mark your calendars: Malibu Media is set to defend its questionable conduct on July 30 (6/23/2014)
- Defense: Unlicensed German investigator Guardaley is steering US copyright trolling operations (6/1/2014)
- Battle with copyright troll Malibu Media is raging on in Maryland (5/18/2014)
- Defendant makes a powerful move against copyright troll Malibu Media in Maryland (4/14/2014)
- A trolling lawsuit ends with style (4/1/2012)
142 responses to ‘Maryland’
We have got to find this Sigmund and Roy case…….Allakhazam!!!!! $37,000 dollars of troll money just disappeared. LMFAO
Abracadabra, here it is http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/nevada/nvdce/2:2010cv01795/76827/45
Ha! Mike moved to stay the sanctions order, and it was denied.
Sanctions for….”thinly veiled threats”…..sounds familiar.
I believe this will be very useful for anyone envolved with Mike “Sanctions” Meier.
Avvo shows no sanctions for Mike Meier. Once there is a unambiguous link, I’ll attempt to contact Avvo and notify them. Anyone is encouraged to do the same. If we can’t find the source, I’ll ask Ray.
If I live in DC should I worry that they will take me to court individually?
One of the unlucky Doe #1s here. Meier contacted me with a settlement offer. When that went nowhere, he is apparently filing an amended complaint and going to serve me. Any advice? This is like a nightmare that won’t end.
Even though he has repeatedly threatened to go after Doe 1’s, he has not yet done so, keep your fingers crossed but get a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney.
Holding my breath on this, Hope you are right. I am talking with an attorney now, Thank you!
From what I’ve read every John Doe # 1 has been dropped for one reason or another by the Troll once they resisted a shakedown, I don’t think they want this to go to a court.
Absolutely hope this trend continues.
Was your case dismissed?
Two hangover lawsuits from the springtime massacre have joined issue with the single Doe filing an answer and another Doe filing an answer & counterclaims http://ia600803.us.archive.org/3/items/gov.uscourts.mdd.200997/gov.uscourts.mdd.200997.docket.html and http://ia700308.us.archive.org/17/items/gov.uscourts.mdd.200994/gov.uscourts.mdd.200994.docket.html Pleading are sealed for the time being.
In 12-cv-1195 the defendant made a motion to dismiss on 10-10but cannot access it as records are sealed for now.http://ia600308.us.archive.org/17/items/gov.uscourts.mdd.200994/gov.uscourts.mdd.200994.docket.html In 12-cv-1198 the defendant interposes an answer with 4 counterclaims:
1. Misuse of Copyright
2. Declaratory Judgement of Fair Use
3. Declaratory Judgement of Implied License
4. Declaratory Judgement of Non-infringement
A nice job! http://ia600803.us.archive.org/3/items/gov.uscourts.mdd.200997/gov.uscourts.mdd.200997.25.0.pdf Docket is here http://ia600803.us.archive.org/3/items/gov.uscourts.mdd.200997/gov.uscourts.mdd.200997.docket.html
As noted in Raul’s tweet, Ira Siegal has submitted a friend-of-the-court brief on behalf of the Malibu Media porn purveyor copyright case. MM has been affiliated with the Lipscomb group and represented in Maryland/DC by Jon A. Hoppe. It’s noteworthy that the rep for one major troll group is lending courtroom support for another.
Can someone get the EFF involved or make them aware, since this is close to DC, where there is an EFF office?
i thought i read somewhere md had recently appointed an independent council (well, one person really) to review these cases …but i can’t find the link now…anyone else know of this