Usually I do some promotional stuff to get certain events noticed and publicized. Obviously, no need to do it today. I’ll leave it to the witnesses and more eloquent/professional folks to tell their versions of today’s story. I’m glad that today’s events caused so much interest, and I hope it is just the beginning. I’m happy that our community has contributed to this apotheoses in progress. Thank you all!
Stories about today’s hearing
- Early stories:
- Adam Steinbaugh’s tweets — before, during a recess and right after the hearing.
- Dark Moe’s tweets — right after the hearing.
- ArsTechnica: Judge “came in like a tornado” at Prenda Law lawyers by Joe Mullin.
- Techdirt: Team Prenda Does Not Show Up In Court; Judge Is Not Amused by Mike Masnick.
- Full stories:
- ArsTechnica: Angry judge blasts porn trolls: “Someone has an awful lot to hide” by Megan Geuss.
- TechDirt: Deep Dive Analysis: Brett Gibbs Gets His Day In Court — But Prenda Law Is The Star by Ken White (mirrored on his blog).
- Torrentfreak: Angry Judge Tears Prenda Copyright Trolls Apart by Andy.
- BongBoing: Porno-copyright trolls Prenda Law get hauled in front of a very angry judge by Cory Doctorow.
- EFF deeplinks blog: Copyright Troll Faces Hard Questions In Federal Court by Kurt Opsahl and Mitch Stoltz.
- StarTribune (MN): Federal judge: Copyright troll attorneys hiding something by Dan Browning.
- TorrentLawyer: Thoughts about the effects from Monday’s sanctions hearing. by Rob Cashman.
- The Tek 0050: The Insane Prenda Law Fiasco (the talk about Prenda is from 1:46 to 10:56):
- Fight Copyright Trolls followups: