While CEG-TEK‘s lawyers do some “classing” copyright trolling, i.e. sue masses in frivolous bittorent lawsuits, this shakedown outfit specializes on sending small amount claims (as small as $200) to its victims and direct them to a payment site. This activity includes pursuing amateur sites that post copyrighted images and other shakedown activities in addition to targeting bittorent users. While this page is an appropriate place to discuss the lawsuits initiated by this troll group, attorney Rob Cashman has by far more expertise when it comes to the small amount claims please read multiple article about CEG-TEK by Rob and inquire advice there.
- Ira Siegel (CA)
Terik Hashmi (FL)
- Mike Meier (NY)
- Marvin Cable (MA)
- Carroll Law Firm (AZ)
Matlock Law Group (CA)
CEG-TEK has its own “expert” (not certified, of course) Jon Nicolini.
- 08/25/2011: Troll Ira Siegel was ordered to disclose how much money he extorted from Does.
- 09/01/2011: Ira Siegel replies to judge’s order, helps me to spread the word.
- 09/07/2011: Judges start to understand the wrongs of “copyright trolling” model.
- 11/25/2011: Copyright troll subspecies: Weretroll (Mike Meier).
- 12/01/2011: Ira Siegel is asked uncomfortable questions once again.
- 12/11/2011: Not enough trouble for Ira Siegel: Digital Rights Foundation files an amicus curiae brief.
- 02/23/2012: Copyright Enforcement Group distances itself from Terik Hashmi.
- 08/20/2012: Another day, another defendant is fighting back.
- 08/25/2012: Attorney Samuel Perkins: Troll Marvin Cable must be stopped, all the 34 of his cases should be dismissed with prejudice.
- 08/27/2012: Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne encourages copyright troll victims to file complaints with his office.
- 10/04/2012: Another Massachusetts Judge issues a strong anti-extortion Memorandum and Order.
- 10/09/2012: A motion that made my day.
- 11/07/2012: Judge Leo Sorokin is tired of troll Marvin Cable’s lies, denies ex-parte discovery.