Please discuss Florida federal cases here. The issues related to Florida state/county courts (Pure Bill Of Discovery loophole), please visit this thread.
- Michael Keith Lipscomb (and minions from his firm)
- Angela Lipscomb (patent trolling)
- David and Daniel Tamaroff
- Richard Fee (Guardaley)
Attorneys who defend troll victims
- Cynthia Conlin (@ConlinLaw): She practices out of Orlando, Florida, and represent John Does in the Middle District of Florida and Northern District of Florida. Cynthia accepts clients under her unique “alternative fee agreement” geared specifically for BitTorrent copyright infringement litigation defense cases.
- Graham Syfert (@syfert) provides free defense documents including motion to quash a subpoena. Make sure to read his FAQ before contacting him. Also licensed in Georgia.
- Lalchandani Simon: a Florida firm that defends against mass copyright infringement claims.
- Jeffrey P. Manners is available to help out Does in Florida. (305) 670-1515.
- Jeffrey Antonelli (@Antonelli_Law): an attorney from Chicago. His firm, Antonielli Law, accepts clients for Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, New Jersey, Florida, Michigan, Colorado, Maryland, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin file-sharing cases.
- Bradford Patrick (@bradpatrick): a Doe defender from Tampa. Also licensed in Washington.
- Francisco Ferreiro (@FJFerreiro) defends an apparently innocent individual in the first individual lawsuit filed by Keith Lipscomb on behalf of mega-troll Malibu Media.
- The Sampaio Law Firm. P.A. (@sampaiolaw): Florida attorney Sasha Sampaio advices not to settle but contact her.
- Richard M. Viscasillas (@rmvpa007): Florida attorney who has assisted many clients across the country in defending themselves against these “Spam Lawsuits.” Free phone consultation. If you (defendants) manage to get together, you can share the defense expenses!
- William R. Wohlsifer (@Wohlsifer): a Florida attorney offering free telephone or email review of your case. William is also licensed in DC.
- Michael Savage: an attorney from Punta Gorda, Florida.
- Mark Santi (@markcsanti) is an attorney from Minneapolis. He practices primarily in Minnesota and is licensed in Florida and New York as well.
Cases to watch
- Malibu Media v. Roberto Rodlan, FLMD 13-cv-03007 (Recap, RFC) (Lipscomb, Shatz / Conlin, Patrick)
- Good Man Productions, Inc., v. John Doe subscriber assigned IP address 184.108.40.206, FLMD 14-cv-81507 (Recap, RFC) (Lipscomb / Tucker)
- Florida Judge: infringement of 47 XArt’s “works“ warrants only $6,000 in damages (5/12/2015)
- Malibu Media v. Roldan: the battle continues (3/26/2015)
- Despite an overwhelming proof of innocence, Malibu’s lawyers continue dragging the defendant through a frivolous lawsuit (2/16/2015)
- Good Man Productions, Inc.: a zombie troll plaintiff (2/8/2015)
- Friday was not a merry day for Keith Lipscomb (1/25/2015)
- Keith Lipscomb shakes down a family in extreme hardship (1/23/2015)
- Copyright troll Mike Meier sends a frivolous DMCA takedown notice to my registrar (8/25/2014)
- The first appeal is filed in a Malibu Media case (8/13/2014)
- Week of 7/6/2014: news and updates from the Bittorent litigation front (7/13/2014)
- Judicial jujitsu: why not to use Florida’s Pure Bill of Discovery against the troll? (6/16/2014)
- Déjà vu all over again: Pure Bill of Discovery is still being abused in Florida (6/10/2014)
- Florida Judge dismisses a Malibu case because Lipscomb failed to establish a connection between an IP address and person (3/22/2014)
- Florida magistrate recommends to sanction Keith Lipscomb (2/23/2014)
- Florida judge to Lipscomb: No good cause to allow early discovery (2/14/2014)
- Two quotes (7/17/2013)
- Copyright troll Keith Lipscomb “acknowledges” his mistake… by continuing to twist arms of an undeniably wrongly accused (7/2/2013)
- Copyright troll Lipscomb makes up facts, forges signature and gets away with it (6/9/2013)
- Sunlust v. Nguyen: from comedy to absurdist play (5/3/2013)
- Graham Syfert withdraws his call for sanctions against Gibbs and Wasinger; Gibbs claims that Steele and Hansmeier have been driving litigation in Florida (4/12/2013)
- Copyright trolls Prenda Law, Paul Duffy, and John Steele commence three lawsuits v. Paul Godfread, Alan Cooper and our community (3/4/2013)
- Attorney, who has been bastardizing the litigation process for years, gets offended by the word “bastardize” (2/5/2013)
- Graham Syfert reiterates his demand for sanctions, accuses John Steele of fraud (1/3/2013)
- Where are you going, Mark? Why now? (1/1/2013)
- Does “under penalty of perjury” mean anything? Apparently not for Prenda and one of its plaintiffs (12/30/2012)
- “White collar criminal defenders” attempt to defend Prenda’s scam artists. Surfacing of a new evidence of others’ identity misappropriation by Prenda (12/21/2012)
- A quick update on dismissed Sunlust Pictures v. Nguyen case (12/18/2012)
- Copyright troll M. Keith Lipscomb loses on home turf, traditionally troll-friendly Tampa court (12/7/2012)
- Expected development in a courtroom comedy: attorney Graham Syfert moves for sanctions (12/5/2012)
- A hearing transcript or a comedy screenplay? A must-read for those who think about settling (11/30/2012)
- The first individual lawsuit filed by a copyright troll Lipscomb results in a dual blooper (10/16/2012)
- Two judges dismiss troll Perea’s single Doe lawsuits due to sleazy litigation tactic (9/3/2012)
- Many problems of a miserable troll Joseph Perea (8/3/2012)
- Two simple questions for troll M. Keith Lipscomb (7/26/2012)
- Prenda’s “Letter of request for informal discovery”: an attorney explains why it is patently invalid (7/24/2012)
- Prenda’s continuous disregard of ethics leads to a motion for sanctions (7/23/2012)
- New low of Prenda Law: trolls indiscriminately and inappropriately send out “Letter of request for informal discovery” (7/18/2012)
- Prenda Law starts using robocalls to intimidate its targets. Will IARDC continue keeping its head in the sand? (6/17/2012)
- Who and where is Prenda Law? What happened to John Steele? (5/25/2012)
- New copyright troll tactic: Trademark infringement (4/22/2012)
- Attorney’s opinion: Lightspeed’s claim is a farce (4/16/2012)
- Prenda’s lawyer files a motion for sanctions; response in opposition delivers an elegant blow to the troll (3/25/2012)
- Copyright trolls have been abusing Florida’s ancient “Pure Bill of Discovery” for too long. Enough is enough – says judge (update: …and than takes his words back). (3/20/2012)
- Copyright Enforcement Group distances itself from Terik Hashmi (2/23/2012)
- Mark Lutz harassment calls remix (2/19/2012)
- No more IO Group v. People cases – the last one is over (1/17/2012)