This is huge.
As ArsTechnica reports today, on June 27th Illinois Supreme Court nixed the latest porn trolling scheme brought forward by infamous copyright troll John Steele (Prenda Law) in conspiracy with pornographer Steve “Lightspeed” Jones.
We reported on this lawsuit more than once, trying to bring attention to this blatant abuse of justice:
- Lightspeed Media Corporation v. John Doe: a quick Q & A
- Attorney’s opinion: Lightspeed’s claim is a farce
- Lightspeed Media v. John Doe: a quick follow up Q & A
- Lightspeed v. Doe news. Early Halloween scare: Unusually lame demand letter
- Prenda Law starts using robocalls to intimidate its targets. Will IARDC continue keeping its head in the sand?
So, justice still exists in this country. When judge LeChien from notoriously corrupt St. Clair county denied the motions filed by ISPs and allowed this farce to continue, every respectable lawyer who is familiar with this case shook his head in disbelief — it did not make any sense. Apparently AT&T and other ISPs complained to the Illinois Supreme Court, and the voice of reason was heard.
(This is a quick article to break the initial news. Continue reading here.)